The Future of Financial Regulation Symposium
Join us on Friday, October 6, 2023, for a symposium on the Future of Financial Regulation, co-hosted by the C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State, the Mercatus Center, and the Journal of Law, Economics & Policy.
This special JLEP Twentieth Anniversary symposium will feature a keynote address by former FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams and the following series of panel discussions on the future of financial regulation:
What is the Future of Financial Regulation?
- John H. Cochrane, Rose-Marie and Jack Anderson Senior Fellow, The Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Kathryn Judge, Harvey J. Goldschmid Professor of Law, Vice Dean for Intellectual Life, Columbia Law School
- Jonathan R. Macey, Sam Harris Professor of Corporate Law, Corporate Finance, and Securities Law, Yale Law School
- Todd J. Zywicki, George Mason University Foundation Professor of Law, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
- Moderator: Paolo Saguato, Associate Professor of Law, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
What Should Regulate the Financial Regulators?
- Bridget C.E. Dooling, Assistant Professor of Law, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University
- Kristin E. Hickman, McKnight Presidential Professor in Law, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Harlan Albert Rogers Professor in Law, and Associate Director, Corporate Institute, University of Minnesota Law School
- The Honorable Paul J. Ray, Director, Thomas A. Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation; Former Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
- Peter J. Wallison, Senior Fellow Emeritus, American Enterprise Institute
- Moderator: Adam White, Co-Executive Director, The C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State; Senior Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Brian Knight, Senior Research Fellow, Director of Innovation and Governance, Mercatus Center
- Ryan Nabil, Director of Technology Policy, Senior Fellow, National Taxpayers Union Foundation
- Paul N. Watkins, Managing Partner, Fusion Law, PLLC
- Moderator: Patrick McLaughlin, Senior Research Fellow, Director of Policy Analytics, Mercatus Center
This event will begin at 8:00 a.m. and will be held at the Hay-Adams Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C.
Register here – https://tinyurl.com/yc2enjnj